You’d think there was a sale going on
You’d think there was a sale going on: “Get a free Pool, “Save $3000 towards closing costs”, “Flash Sale:, “Limited time incentive of $60,000!”, “Select Savings on these move-in ready homes”. I culled these lead-ons from today’s News-Press real estate section.
It’s true, the beginning of summer is a great time to get a bargain on new homes ( if you are one of my clients and you think I may be talking to you – I am). But these incentives don’t necessary mean things are slow. There are a number of reasons for these incentives:
- Developers are anxious to keep the momentum that they have, keeping their employees, agents and builders busy
- A kick start for new communities ( like Portico by Lennar)
- To move inventory that has been furnished and not sold yet
- To adjust for overpricing
- In the case of Lennar taking over WCI – Lennar will longer be reproducing the WCI models, so they need get rid of them.
- And they don’t want things to GET slow.
If you are thinking of moving here and buying a new home, now is a great time. I would even say it’s worth making a special trip just to buy. But come prepared, let me preview , summarize and analyze your options for you.
Let me know if I can help you.